Our Funding PriorityThe Foundation for Fresno County Public Library provides supplemental support for Library operations by fundraising for capital projects, programs and materials for youth and adults.
The Foundation’s current priority is fundraising for the Library’s Digi-Bus mobile learning lab. We invite you to help us ensure that every student in Fresno County has access to 21st Century technology that will help lead to their success.
ProblemIn Fresno County, youth do not have adequate access to the tools and resources needed to succeed in today’s digital world.
• 27% of the population has not completed high school.
• 15.2% of students in Fresno County will drop out of school.
• A bachelor’s degree increases average earnings by $457 per week.
• 1 in 7 adults is unemployed.
Digital literacy is an important indicator for being ready for higher education, in addition to navigating an increasingly digital world.
- Internet access.
- 20 laptops.
- Adobe Suite software, which includes Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and Illustrator.
- Microsoft Office, which includes Publisher, Word, and Excel.
- College preparedness software.
- Free online instruction on topics such as math, information literacy, and computer programming.